To date, two comprehensive histories of the Lawrenceville School have been written:
- Slaymaker, S.R. Five Miles Away: The Story of the Lawrenceville School. Lawrenceville, NJ: The Lawrenceville School, 1985. Call number: LAC 373.2220974 SL19f (Lawrenceville Authors Collection)
Depicts the history of the school from its founding through 1985 and the Head Mastership of Bruce McClellan. The index in the back covers only individuals, not buildings or subjects.
Anyone on campus can access this title through the Bunn Library’s ebary catalog (click here).
- Mulford, Roland J. History of the Lawrenceville School, 1810-1935. New Jersey: Princeton Press, 1935. Call number: LAC 373.2220974 M898h (Lawrenceville Authors Collection)
Covers the story of the Lawrenceville School from its founding by Rev. Isaac VanArsdale Brown in 1810 through the introduction of Allan Heely as Head Master in 1934. The comprehensive index in the back is extremely useful for locating information on a particular person, building, or topic.